Saturday, May 14, 2011

Late late post for a good friend of mine...

I've lost a good friend of mine on 14th January 2010. A date that I will never forget. I was busy doing spring cleaning as chinese new year is just exactly one month away. I was hanging the curtain in my room. My mum was having my neighbour over for some tea time chat. Suddenly, her phone beep. It's a sms from a neighbour of mine. Saying Sandra's family met with an accident. So my mum shouted and asked me to read the sms. It was a long msg. A msg that shocked me. I read twice to properly understand and absorb what it says. It goes something like that...

"Sandra and her family met with an accident. Jimmy is in coma as well as Sandra. Sandra is in a bad condition. Sandra might not make it. Clara only suffer mild injuries. Sandra couldn't make it. I'm in the car with Soh Fay, I can't tell as her now as doctor wants to tell her personally. Sandra passed away."

It shocked me badly as it seems impossible to understand the phrase 'Sandra passed away'. Sandra is always the friend that is around. The one that always bring laughter to us. The Sandra that do all the funny things. Having her around us is like having joy around us. How can this msg tell me that Sandra passed away? She just celebrated her 21st birthday in November.

I called Camie, and cried saying Sandra passed away. She shouted at me saying don't talk nonsense, call me back when u stop crying. But she called me back instead and asked what am I talking about. She asked Chia Yeow and confirmed that yes, it happened. We were all in shocked. How could this happen to a girl that is so bubbly that just turned 21 not too long ago? But yes, life is short n cruel sometimes. She passed. I was told to inform all her friends. I started sending out smses to people that knows her who are in my contacts. I called and tell Pei Chze about it. She tell me not to joke about this thing. Everyone that I sms reply me saying is this a joke? The whole bunch of guys was playing futsal. Wee Kiat call me when they were on break. I confirmed about it. Then they stopped playing and rush to the hospital.

I couldn't drive alone. So I waited til Jason picked me up to the hospital. When i reached hospital, I saw Camie and hugged her n cry. How could this happen? All the guys were there. All of us didn't know what to do as we can't help with anything. I went to see Clara and she had mild bruises on her forehead whereas Uncle Jimmy was in the operation room.

This is a day that I will never forget. A day that I lost my good friend, Sandra.

I will always love you, Sandra. Have fun up there!

No comments: